Saturday, December 27, 2008

Boxing Day Mega Sales

Yep, Boxing Day. Or some might call it Second Day of Christmas.

And it was a day of.......



Yeah, Boxing Day sales, in Perth city. Not every shop was open, but most were, and had that kind of poster at their shopfront.

Heck, I had never seen Perth city this crowded before. All free parkings and heaps of paid parking places were filled up. And the only phrase to describe the Street Mall was exactly "people mountain people sea" (人山人海 in Chinese). Entrances were as crowded as you can imagine. A horde (yes, horde) of people entering and exiting the shops and department stores. And really, it was the first time I saw David Jones that full of people, and Myer's escalator needed security guards to force groups of people to queue up just to ride the escalator on every single floor.

Other scenes include:


Queuing just to get into shops (didn't get a position to take the whole line cuz I got so pissed by people constantly walking pass in front of me). This new Guess store had quite a long queue for a long time :|



Branded bag shop Oroton's queue.. The sales assistant in there even had to shut the door to keep the crowd from storming into the shop.



JB Hi-Fi, the crowd was probably worse before I went in because we stayed out of it until the queue outside JB Hi-Fi dispersed.
Speaking of which, a new JB Hi-Fi had just opened on this day at Picadilly's Arcade, which is only a short walk away. I wonder why.



There was no queue outside City Beach, but the inside did. There were about 4 counters serving 4 lines of customers at the ground floor guy section, and the girl section upstairs had another 2 or 3 counters. 7 queue-lines in this not-too-big surf shop, what the heck.
The sad thing was I couldn't find beach shorts of my size T_T but I finally got my sunnies here, so fair enough I guess. ~_~

But the worst encounter of the day was, a 50-minute queue at Myer basement, for my sister's work suit jacket and work pants (the City Beach queue was about 10~15 minutes, not too bad).



Even this hotdog stall at the Street Mall had a friggin' long queue WTF?! x_x

What about the economy crisis? *scratches head*

2 comments:

  1. I guess Boxing Day just shot the recession down.... for a day?? spending IS boosting the economy ya know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe i even saw GIORDANO "yelling" for "50% discount + buy one free one" in sunway pyramids o_o

    ReplyDelete